The hut is situated in the Drau valley, in Carinthia Austria, at an altitude of 1800m.
First Floor: three bedrooms, each with 4 bunk beds, for the children. One room with 2 bunk beds, with basin, for the children´s carers. 1 bathroom with WC and two basins.
Ground floor: kitchen, sitting room with wood burning stove, a bedroom with 4 bunk beds with en suite bathroom with WC, for the CR volunteers. Separate WC with hand basin.
Cellar: Large containers for rainwater for toilets, solar batteries, larder.
Building equipment and appliances
The Clemens Reutter hut is completely autonomous!
- The electricity in the hut is derived exclusively from 4 solar panels on the roof. (Output = 1 kW). This provides light, and serves the pump for water.
- Rainwater is collected from the roof into large containers in the cellar. This water is used for flushing the toilets.
- The hut also has a spring for fresh water, which is pumped to a high-level 6000 liter tank. This water is used for drinking, cooking and showering.
- The cooker and water heating are supplied by 30 liter gas canisters.
- The hut is heated by a woodburning stove in the main room.
- There is no fridge or freezer.